I love a good documentary. They are educational and entertaining, what’s not to love? I’ve been watching over the years and developed a pretty solid arsenal. I’ve compiled a list of my 5 favorite documentaries, but it was tough to pare it down!
5 Favorite Documentaries:
- Exit Through The Gift Shop. This Banksy film gives you insight into the underground world of street art.
- Blackfish. God I love this one. It’s a grimy look into Seaworld and their actions after one of their trainers was killed by a whale. Who has now produced more whales. Do not support Seaworld, y’all.
- Virunga. This documentary is a Netflix original and Oscar nominee. It is an eye opening look into the efforts of rangers trying to protect the gorillas in Africa’s national park.
- Tig. Tig has been becoming more of a household name as of late since her honest stand up about having breast cancer. This Netflix documentary follows her since the groundbreaking set through her cancer, family plans, and career.
- Kurt Cobain Montage Of Heck. This is an intimate look into Cobain’s life and his creative process. It is interesting to see how his mind worked and how incredibly talented he was.